Friday, March 18, 2011

Maundy Thursday Choir Packet

For all of those who plan on singing with us on Maundy Thursday (April 21st), here is the packet of music which we will sing out of. There will be a few hymns as well which will be picked at a later time.

Maundy Thursday Choir Packet

 Most of it is English chant for the Propers of the Mass, which we will split up between men, women, and the youth; some we will all sing together, like the Ubi Caritas (Where Charity and Love Are). Here is the Latin version of that piece, the melody is pretty much identical:



The final page is the O Sacrum Convivium which I posted earlier this week. I will email sound files to you of each part so that you can hear your individual line. I apologize but I could not get them posted to this site. I will post an Easter packet as soon as it is all figured out. Let's see how we do during our first practice...which leads me to.....

Last order of business, I will send out an email as well (as not everyone has yet to follow this site), but if you could leave a comment on this post if you would be available to have the first practice on Sunday the 27th after Mass. I am hoping to rehearse all Sunday's that do not have already scheduled meetings. If you can not make every single Sunday we practice, do not worry. Please try to make at least 3 between now and Holy Week. We will probably also practice for an extended period on Palm Sunday and before the Liturgy on Maundy Thursday. Other times that would work for a majority of you, please let me know.

Thanks again for your time and commitment, and thanks to Rose who will be singing the Propers this week as I am out of town.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Scott,
    This is to acknowledge receipt of the Maundy Thursday Choir packet and to advise you of my intent to attend choir practice two days hence. I would ask for prayer for my health as it is quite fragile. Also, Bill has caught a nasty cold and is coughing a lot. Unless a major miracle occurs he most probably will not sing this week.

    ReplyDelete